Some weeks ago I had to migrate our View databases to another SQL server.
Here´s my little guide to migrate the databases:
- Stop Composer service
- Back up and move the database to the new database server
- Update the database connection with new server [Start > Administrative Tools > Data Sources (ODBC) > System DSN]
- Start Composer service
- Move the database
- Log in to View Administrator and navigate to View Configuration > Event Configuration
- Select “Edit…” in the Event Database section
- Update the fields with information from the new server and hit OK.
Here´s a list of links to downloads to create your VI documentation…
The first link also contains a collection to other sites where you can download additional stencil packs.
Since the Windows Update service is deactivated in the VMware View environment we have to ‘activate’ and start the service to update the VM.
Here you find some PowerShell?scripts which are starting and stopping this service and you´ll be able to update your VM.
Clear-Host $srvName = 'wuauserv' $servicePrior = Get-Service $srvName '$srvName is now ' + $servicePrior.status Set-Service $srvName -startuptype manual Start-Service $srvName $serviceAfter = Get-Service $srvName '$srvName is now ' + $serviceAfter.status
Clear-Host $srvName = 'wuauserv' $servicePrior = Get-Service $srvName '$srvName is now ' + $servicePrior.status Stop-Service $srvName $serviceAfter = Get-Service $srvName Set-Service $srvName -startuptype disabled '$srvName is now ' + $serviceAfter.status